Thursday, May 3, 2012

Miss Zimbabwe 2012 Finale


...and the winner is 'Drum Roll...'

Friday 27 April 2012.

It was a hive of activity at the HICC as people from all walks of life converged at Harare International Conference Center for the historic crowning of Miss Zimbabwe 2012. Artists to grace the event included the likes of Cindy Munyavi, Pauline Gundidza, Rocqui, Dereck Mpofu, Adiona, Willis Wataffi Afrika and the legend himself Mr Oliver Mtukudzi.

There were a total of 29 girls running for the Miss Zimbabwe crown. The theme for the 2012 Miss Zimbabwe pageant was “I am Zimbabwean" showing the nation of Zimbabwean and the world beyond how we are proud of our how heritage. As the nation of Zimbabwe celebrated its 32nd Independence, under the theme "Social and Economic Development through Youth Empowerment and Indegenization", the “I am Zimbabwean” was very befitting for the 2012 pageant.

By the end of the night, we saw,myself Ruvimbo Katiyo a delegate from Miss Zimbabwe-USA being crowned 2nd Princess while Petinah Nhamburo,1st princess Miss Mashonaland West 2011 was crowned 1st Princess. Bongani Dlakama Miss Bulawayo 2011 walked away with the much coveted crown of Miss Zimbabwe 2012. The Miss Zimbabwe 2012 pageant proceeded well against all odds and amidst all the challenges that the Miss Zimbabwe Trust faced along the journey. With that said, I would like to thank the Miss Zimbabwe trust for their dedication and tireless effort they put to make the pageant a success. As one of the rightfully chosen ambassadress of Miss Zimbabwe Trust for the coming year, I promise to do my best during my reign in-order to raise the banner higher for Miss Zimbabwe Trust within and beyond the borders of Zimbabwe. And I pledge to stay true to my roots,to raise Zimbabwe's flag higher on the International scene and carry my title with pride, honor and dignity.

I am Zimbabwean, Proud & Loud; Red,Green,Yellow,Black & White the colors of my flag,embroiled in my heart so that they Wont fade. Even beyond the borders of Zimbabwe,I stand tall & remain Proudly Zimbabwean!

I love my country #Proudly-Zimbabwean!

No comments:

Post a Comment