Thursday, March 3, 2011

My trip to Uganda

These are the places I will be visiting in Uganda,if anyone has been to any of these places and want to give me some heads up on what to expect, any more interesting places i could visit etc; just let me know & would greatly appreciate! um really excited and have started my official countdown. Baba God is good!


I will get a chance to learn more about the Katose Women development Trust, i hope to take key notes and greatly benefit from these ladies! You can check on the website and learn more about what they are doing and see why I think they are a true inspiration.


http://www.katosi.org/


I. New York City,

United Nations - pre-training/ orientation

UNICEF -pre-training/ orientation


II. Uganda,

Arrive in Kampala

Do a City contrast tour

Pay a visit to the Bahai temple

Participate in some Cultural activities (dancing)

United Nations Office

Vicit the Peace Corps Office

FEMRITE

Church services

Pay a visit to Gulu which is an Internally Displaced Persons camp (IDP) (Refuge and Hope)


Go to Katosi and do a couple of activities,these include:

  • Homestays
  • Work on rain tanks (a service project)
  • Cultural activities


Visit Mbele and these sites

  • Coffee cooperative (Delicious Peace)
  • Nature
  • Mouth of the Nile


Visit Murchison Falls, Safari


then Refugee camp


.....& many more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment